Modern Athens Cool Food Walking Tour!
Walk and experience Modern Athens' Cuisine off the beaten path!
Join us for a cool take on a food tour of Athens’ center, on foot; toe the line between traditional greek cuisine and cultural fusion!
Small Group Walking Tour
Greece and Athens have always been a crossroads. The East and the West, Europe and Asia, the old and the new have all coalesced to create a buffet of cultures, peoples and of course, cuisine.
In this cool and quirky approach to Food Tours, we will showcase what this polymerisation of cultures has brought forth in modern Athens. Forget the souvlaki and the Opa! clichés and join us for a discovery tour of some of our capital’s hidden gems, products of our crossroads’ combination heritage!
Taste the Balkans, Asia Minor, greco-Russia and pre-war, pre-modernisation Greek street food while roaming the busy streets of contemporary Athens. Our aim in this tour is to show you our favourite spots that are enjoyable today, with glimpses of turn-of-the-century Greece.
Our Modern Athens Cool Food Tour features 5 specially selected stops for quick bites, available to all eating disciplines, including veganism, and is certain to make you enjoy Athenian cuisine for more than what you might have thought it was!
Aside from our own food stops, we will show you the best places to eat or have a night out, around the city center; both ethnic and traditional!
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours prior the tour start!
- Complimentary bottle of water at the start of the tour
- Sweet or savoury modern pastries
- Modern Athens’ most popular cheese pie of the last century
- Traditional piroshkis from a long lasting greco-russian community
- Modern or traditional Greek coffee break
- Greek-lebanese dough boats with marvellous and surprising fillings
- Delicious, warm from the oven, traditional pies from all over the Greek territory
- Freshly made gelato with folk flavours straight from a Greek Island
- Tour leader’s gratuities (optional)
- Visits inside Museums
- Visits at archaeological sites