MULTI DAY BIKE TOURS
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Booking and payment
To make your reservation, submit a booking request. The person making the reservation (“group leader”) must be at least 18 years old at the time of booking and is responsible for making all payments due to us. This person must be authorised to make the booking under these booking conditions by all persons mentioned in the booking and by the parent or guardian for all members of the group under the age of 18 at the time of booking. Upon submitting reservation, the group leader confirms that he is the authorised one.
To confirm your reservation, you must pay a deposit of 25% of the tour price (or full payment if you make a reservation within 48 days of departure). This will only be refunded in the cases specified in the booking conditions. For customised or private tours, full payment must be within 60 days of departure and the deposit may be higher, we will inform you of the valid deposit before booking. Your balance must be paid by the deadline shown on your invoice or email.
Reminders are not sent. If we do not receive all the due payments in full and on time, we have the right to assume that you want to cancel your reservation. In this case, we will be entitled to keep all deposits paid or overdue on that date. If we do not cancel immediately because you promised to make the payment, you will have to pay the cancellation charges listed in clause 7, depending on the date we consider your reservation to be canceled.
Once we receive the payment due at the time of booking and issue the confirmation invoice to the group leader, the contract between us will become binding and will cover all people contained in the booking. After that, we will send you a notice for the balance and inform you of the payment date. The prices mentioned at the site are in EURO.
Check your invoice carefully as soon as you receive it and contact us immediately if any information on the invoice or any other document appears to be incorrect or incomplete, as it may not be possible to make changes later. We’re sorry that we can not accept any responsibility if we are not informed of any inaccuracies (for which we are responsible) in any document within 10 days of sending it. We will do our best to correct any errors that are reported to us outside of these time limits, but you may be required to cover any costs involved.
Payment will be accepted with:
- Online booking via Visa Debit, Visa Credit, MasterCard Credit, MasterCard Debit, American Express and Discover credit cards.
- Bank deposit (details available from our office).
Prerequisite for the acceptance of your reservation is you to be covered by appropriate and sufficient personal travel insurance which should be valid when making the reservation. See clause 8 on the subject of insurance.
2. Cancellation of booking by you
You can cancel your reservation at any time before departure. You can also transfer your reservation to someone else, as mentioned in clause 4 below. Any cancellation must be notified in writing by the person who made the booking. Your cancellation notice will only be valid upon receipt in writing from us at our offices. We will ask you to pay the cancellation fees on the scale shown below based on the original departure date of your booking. When calculating these cancellation charges, we take into account the potential cost savings and revenue generated by other bookings that may be able to use the canceled services to the extent that this is likely to be achieved. Cancellation fees are calculated based on the total cost paid by the canceller, excluding insurance and any customisation fees (which are not refundable in case of cancellation).
If you cancel your participation in a group tour:
- Grace Period: Any booking made more than 49 days before the tour departure, benefits from a 48 hour grace period. You can cancel without penalty in the next 48 hours and receive a refund of your deposit.
- 48 – 37 days before the trip, we charge 30% of the tour price
- 36 – 22 days before the trip, we charge 50% of the tour price
- 21 – 15 days before the trip, we charge 80% of the tour price
- 14 days or less, we charge 100% of the tour price
If you cancel your own private or customised tour *:
- 59 – 48 days before the trip – we charge 25% of the tour price
- 47 – 37 days before the trip – we charge 40% of the tour price
- 36 – 22 days before the trip, we charge 80% of the tour price
- 21 days or less before the trip, we charge 100% of the tour price
* please note that certain arrangements may not be modified after confirmation and any change or cancellation may result in a cancellation fee of up to 100% of this portion of the arrangement in addition to the above charge, regardless of when the trip is canceled.
We believe that completely unpredictable events can lead to cancellation. Therefore, we strongly advise you to take a travel insurance (see clause 8 below) to protect yourself from losing money if you need to cancel. You will be informed of the exact amount of any cancellation fee before the cancellation is finalised.
3. Cancellation, changes or amendments by us
Keep in mind that changes or errors may occur occasionally. You must check the price of the tour you selected at the time of booking.
1. We reserve the right to increase or decrease and correct errors in advertised prices and to change any of the facilities or services appearing in our programs or elsewhere at any time before your tour is confirmed. Coronavirus and measures taken by governments, public authorities and businesses to manage its effects (such as social distance) may affect the price of the tour over a long period of time. Such measures may be introduced or amended with little or no prior notice. We will inform you of any mistake we know about and the valid price at the time of booking.
2. We also reserve the right to cancel your tour in accordance with this clause. For example, if the minimum number of guests required for a tour is not reached, we may need to cancel your reservation.
3. It is unlikely that we will need to make changes to your tour and any changes are usually insignificant, but we must reserve the right to do so. If a significant change becomes necessary, we will notify you as soon as possible in writing if there is time before the start of your travel. No compensation is paid for minor changes. Occasionally, before the start of your travel, we may need to make a major change to your confirmed booking. All changes that are not significant will be treated as minors. Keep in mind that coronavirus measures and other actions taken by governments, public authorities and businesses to manage its effects (including the implementation of social distance) are likely to have an impact on travel management over a long period of time. For example, we may not be able to provide certain advertised services or facilities as a result. Such measures/actions may be introduced or modified with little or no prior notice. Therefore, more flexibility may be required for the immediate future, which we would ask you to keep in mind at all times, both before and after departure. Any impact of these measures/actions have on your vacation will not constitute a significant change to your agreed arrangements and will not entitle you to cancel without paying the applicable cancellation fees.
4. All group tours require a minimum number of participants to be able to operate them and we reserve the right to cancel any such tour when this minimum number is not reached. Before your reservation is accepted, you will be informed about the minimum number that is valid for your bike tour. However, failure to reach this minimum does not oblige us to cancel. We will notify you of the cancellation for this reason no later than 45 days before the start of your tour.
5. In the event that we need to significantly amend your confirmed booking, we will provide the following information in writing as soon as possible:
- the proposed amendment and any impact on the price,
- in case you do not wish to accept the change, details of any alternative tour arrangements we may offer (in relation to the current price),
- your right to cancel your reservation and receive a full refund if you do not want to accept the change or any alternative tour arrangements offered and
- the period within which you must inform us of your decision and what will happen if you do not do so.
Any change or alternative arrangement we may offer (and which you accept) and result in lower quality or cost of services, you will be entitled to an appropriate price reduction. If any of the alternative arrangements we may offer are more expensive than those originally reserved, you may be asked to pay the price difference.
6. If you choose to cancel your reservation in accordance with clause 3(5), we will refund all payments made to us within 14 days of the cancellation date, which is the period we send you the cancellation invoice. No compensation will be paid nor will any other liability be accepted when a change arises from force majeure (see clause 11).
7. Occasionally, it may be necessary to cancel a confirmed booking. We have the right to terminate your contract in the event that:
- we are unable to execute your agreed trip as a result of force majeure (see clause 11) and we will notify you as soon as possible or
- (where applicable) we must cancel because the minimum number of bookings required to make your group tour has not been reached and we are notifying you of the cancellation for this reason as stated in clause 3(4) or
- we do so more than 45 days before your departure date.
Where we need to cancel your reservation in these cases, we will refund all the money you have paid to us within 14 days from the effective date of the cancellation (see clause 3(6)), but we will have no further or other liability to you, including in respect of compensation or any expenses you have incurred in relation with your holiday booking.
Of course, we will try to offer you alternative tour arrangements where possible, which you can choose to book (at the current price) instead of the canceled ones. We also have the right to cancel if you do not make the payment in accordance with the terms of your contract, in which case clause 2 will apply.
8. Please note that the right to a full refund only arises when we are unable to comply with your contractual tour arrangements as a result of force majeure under clause 3(7) and we exercise our right to cancel as a result. Without limitation, you will not be entitled to a full refund and cancellation charges may apply where such circumstances affect your ability to travel for your tour rather than our ability to comply with the agreed arrangements. This can happen, for example, when restrictions imposed by any government mean that you can not take your vacation. The issue of travel advice or recommendations from public authorities (such as the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs) does not automatically mean that they prevent us from making your holiday arrangements, but on the contrary may affect your ability to travel.
9. Under no circumstances will we refund or be liable for any costs you may have incurred in connection with your booking, such as flight payments, travel insurance, purchases of equipment, visas, etc. when your booking is canceled or changed as stated in this clause.
4. Changes by you
Different rules apply to the changes you want to make depending on the tour you have reserved.
You can request to change your small group trip and transfer your deposit to a new booking up to 49 days before departure. Up to 49 days prior to departure, you can also request that your deposit can be held as a credit against a deposit for future booking for you or someone else you have designated. Requests to change your departure date within 48 days of departure are treated as cancellation and a fee will apply as defined in clause 2.
Where a change to a different departure is possible, there is no administration charge for the first change request, but any changes thereafter will be subject to a management fee of € 50 per person. Additionally you will be charged for any non-refundable/non-transferable payments made by solebike.
You can request to make changes to your private tour up to 49 days before departure. Any changes you make may result in change at the per person price. Requests to change your departure date within 48 days of departure are treated as cancellation and the cancellation fee will apply as described in clause 2.
Where it is possible to change your private departure, there is no administration charge for the first change request submitted 49 days or more before departure. While there is a charge of € 50 per person for the period from 48 to 30 days. In addition, you will also be charged for any non-refundable/non-transferable payments made by solebike.
You can request to change your customised tour up to 49 days before departure. Any changes you make may result a change in the per person price. Requests to change your departure date within 48 days of departure are treated as cancellation and the cancellation fee will apply as described in clause 2.
Where it is possible to change your customised tour, the changes will incur administrative costs of € 50 per person. In addition, you will be charged for any non-refundable/non-transferable payments made by solebike.
For all tours you may transfer your reservation or your place on the booking to someone else (suggested by you) without paying the cancellation fees, provided the transfer request is made in writing at least 14 days before departure. The person to whom you want to make the transfer must also meet all the conditions that are part of your contract with us. Transfer requests must be accompanied by the name and other applicable details of the replacement person. When a transfer can be made to a person of your choice, all costs and charges incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers, along with a € 50 modification fee, must be paid before the transfer takes place.
5. Information provided by us
The information that appears on our website and in any of our other promotional materials is believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of printing or publication. However, errors may occur occasionally and the information may change later. Therefore, you should make sure that you check all the details of the tour you have chosen (including the price) with us at the time of booking.
Any information provided by solebike on matters such as climate, travel, special equipment, etc. is provided in good faith but without liability on the part of solebike.
We may also provide information (before departure and/or when you are on tour) about activities and excursions available in the area you are visiting. We have no involvement in such activities or excursions which are not operated, supervised, controlled or approved in any way by us, provided by local operators or other third parties who are completely independent of us, are not part of your contract with us, even when we suggest specific operators/other third parties and/or assist you in booking such activities or excursions in any way. We can not accept any liability on any ground regarding such activities or excursions and the acceptance of liability contained in clause 14(1) of our booking conditions will not apply to them.
6. Adventure travel and customer responsibility
a) It is a basic condition of your reservation to accept the risks associated with the type of travel we make and you accept that when visiting remote and mountainous areas there is a possibility of on-tour flexibility. The itinerary mentioned in the travel document is indicative only and does not guarantee that a specific route will be followed to reach a place. You need to recognise that delays and changes and their consequences, such as annoyance and disruption, are possible when unforeseen circumstances arise. You must have a level of fitness commensurate with the trip you have chosen and you are responsible for bringing the appropriate equipment, details of which will be sent to you upon booking.
If, in the reasonable opinion of the solebike guide or staff, your health, behaviour, fitness or equipment could endanger the safety of the tour or if it could adversely affect the experience of other customers on the tour, we retain the right to cancel or terminate your participation.
Clause 6(a) also applies when, after an accident or injury during the tour, we believe that you can not continue even if you are allowed to by a medical professional. In these circumstances you will not be entitled to a refund or compensation.
b) All minors traveling in solebike tour should do so with an adult parent or guardian who is responsible for their well-being and behaviour throughout their tour. Minors should not be left alone with any other adult, especially with the guide, at all times, except only in case of emergency. All parents/guardians who book with solebike should consider it carefully before committing to an adventure vacation with minors in their care.
c) When you book with solebike, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss you may cause. Full payment for any such damage or loss (reasonably estimated if not accurately known) must be made directly to the property owner or manager or to another supplier or to us as soon as possible. If the actual cost of the loss or damage exceeds the amount paid where it is estimated, you must pay the difference once it is finalised. If the actual cost is less than the amount paid, the difference will be refunded to you. You will also be liable for any subsequent claims incurred against us and all costs incurred by us (including ours and the full legal costs of the other party) as a result of your actions. You need to make sure you have the right travel insurance to protect you if this situation arises.
d) We expect all customers to take other people into account. If in our reasonable opinion or in the reasonable opinion of any other competent person you behave in such a way as to cause or are likely to cause danger, disturbance or distress to any third party or damage to property, we are entitled, without notice, to terminate the trip of the person(s) concerned. In this case, the person(s) concerned should stop using all of the holiday services, including the leaving of any accommodation. We will have no further liability to this person(s) including any return travel arrangements. There will be no refunds and we will not pay any costs or damages resulting from the termination.
Accommodation is usually in twin or double bed rooms, unless otherwise stated and we ask guests who book to share a twin room. Where single use is required, we will try to accommodate it, but there is extra charge – check at the time of booking. When making a reservation, you agree that this additional charge apply and you will be informed and invoiced for the relevant amount. On some tours single use is not available.
In some cases there is availability for 3rd person in double room accommodation. In this case there is a price deduction for the third person and you will be informed and invoiced for the relevant discount.
8. Personal travel insurance
Prerequisite for accepting your reservation is to have the appropriate travel insurance issued for your trip. We strongly recommend that you take out a travel insurance policy before booking your tour with us.
A travel insurance policy protects you and your vacation processes from the unexpected before and during your travel. It is your responsibility to make sure that you have adequate coverage and that we are not in a position to offer insurance advice. However, we recommend that your contract includes coverage for emergency medical expenses, cancellation or curtailment of your tour, loss of personal belongings/luggage and personal liability:
- In case of emergency rescue and medical care and/or repatriation from travel due to injury or emergency, any costs of evacuation and medical care will be borne by the customer.
- If you have to cancel your trip with us, then you may lose some or all of the money you have paid (see clause 2).
- All luggage and personal equipment are, at all times, at your own risk. We will not take any responsibility for any loss, damage to your luggage and/or your personal gear.
Please note that it is your sole responsibility to ensure that the travel insurance you purchase is appropriate for your particular needs, including, but not limited to, any pre-existing medical condition. We suggest you read carefully the details of your contract and take them with you on your vacations.
9. Medical condition/disabilities, nutrition and other special requests
If you have a specific request (such as dietary requirements), please let us know at the time of booking. While we will forward any reasonable requests to the relevant supplier, we are sorry that we can not guarantee that any request will be offered. Failure to comply with any special request will not constitute a breach of contract by us. Confirmation that a specific request has been noted or forwarded to the supplier or the inclusion of the specific request in the confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not a confirmation that the request will be offered. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability. For your own protection, you should receive written confirmation that a specific request (where it can be confirmed) will be granted if it is important to you. Any special request we have accepted will be confirmed specifically as accepted in your confirmation invoice.
Our tours may not be suitable for people with certain disabilities, medical conditions or significantly reduced mobility. If you suffer from any medical condition, disability or significant reduction in mobility that may affect your tour participance or have any special requirements as a result, let us know before confirming your booking so we can assist in examining the appropriateness of the arrangements and/or making the reservation. In any case, you must provide us with the full details in writing at the time of booking and whenever there is any substantial change in your condition, disability or mobility. You must also let us know immediately if you experience any medical condition, disability or reduced mobility that may affect your tour participance after your booking has been confirmed. Failure to disclose a medical condition, disability or reduced mobility that could affect you during the tour could put you and others at risk.
10. Independent travel arrangements
We will not be responsible or liable for your actions or your safety for any independent travel arrangements you make before, during (if you choose to leave earlier) or after the tour. All air transportation or any other kind of transportation taken place independently by you is undertaken solely at your own risk.
11. Force majeure
Unless otherwise stated in these booking terms, we regret that we can not accept liability or pay any compensation if the performance or in time provision of our services under your contract with you is hindered or affected by or otherwise suffer any damage, loss or expense of any nature as a result of force majeure. In these conditions of detention, force majeure means a situation beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Such situations are likely to include (either real or threatened) war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial strife, natural disaster, extreme weather, fire, flood, or serious illness at your vacation destination. Force majeure also includes the coronavirus pandemic and its impact, such as travel restrictions and measures and other actions taken by governments, public authorities and businesses to control and manage its effects.
12. Complaints procedure
In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or may have grounds to make a claim regarding any aspect of your tour procedures, you should notify your guide immediately. If you believe that your guide has not dealt with your complaint satisfactorily, we encourage you to contact our office as soon as possible so that we can help you find an acceptable solution during your tour. The issue can then be investigated immediately and, where necessary, action taken to resolve the situation. Any verbal notice must be given in writing and given to our representative/associate and supplier as soon as possible.
Any outstanding complaint that was not resolved during your tour should be notified to us in writing within 30 days of the scheduled return date.
13. Help while you are on our tour
In the event of any kind of difficulty during your tour, we will assist you as soon as possible, including providing appropriate information about health services, local authorities and consular assistance and helping you to any remote communications and to find alternative travel adaptations if needed. Wherever you encounter difficulties as a result of your negligence, we may charge you a reasonable fee for this assistance, which will not exceed the cost we will actually incur.
14. Our liability and compensation
1. We do not own, operate or control several of the services included in the tour arrangements we make for you. These services are usually contracted by us with independent suppliers who are themselves responsible for providing their services. We undertake to use our reasonable skill and care in providing any services provided by our employees. For all services provided by any person or entity other than our employees, we are committed in using our reasonable skill and care in selecting these suppliers, but we are not responsible for their actions or omissions or for their actual performance during these services.
2. Without limiting the effect of clause 14(1), we shall not be liable for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of property), damage, expense, cost or other amount or claim of any kind or a description resulting from any of the following:
– the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the affected person(s), or
– acts and/or omissions of a third party which are not related to the provision of your tour and which were unforeseen or unavoidable, or
– force majeure as defined in clause 11 above.
3. Without limiting the effect of clause 14(1), we can not take responsibility for any services we have not contracted to arrange for you. This includes, but is not limited to, any additional services or facilities that your hotel or any other vendor agrees to provide to you, where we have not agreed to arrange them as part of our contract and any activities you book during of your vacation. See clause 5 “Information provided”. In addition, no matter what wording we use on our site, in any promotional material or elsewhere, we only promise to use reasonable skill and care in selecting suppliers as defined above and we have no greater or different responsibility for you.
4. Keep in mind that suppliers provide their services in accordance with the laws and regulations of the country in which these services are performed. If the services are provided by suppliers in accordance with applicable local laws and standards, they will be deemed to have been provided correctly. As stated in clause 14(1), our obligation is to exercise reasonable skill and care in the selection of suppliers. We make no commitment that the services will comply with applicable local laws and standards and any failure to comply does not in itself prove that we have not exercised reasonable skill and care in selecting the relevant suppliers.
5. Except as described in clause 14(6) or as otherwise permitted by Greek law, we do not limit the amount of damages you are entitled to claim in respect of bodily injury or death that we or our employees have caused intentionally or negligently. For all other claims, if we are liable to you on any basis, the maximum amount we will have to pay you is twice the total holiday cost (excluding any insurance fees and modification charges) paid by or on behalf of the individual(s) affected in total, unless a lower limit applies to your claim under clause 14(6).
6. Any claim against us relates to or is based on any travel arrangements (including, without limitation, the embarkation and/or disembarkation procedure provided by any air, sea or rail carrier) to which applies any international convention or EU regulation applies when we arrange that travel as part of our contract, any liability found to us will be limited as if we were the said carrier as referred to in this clause 14(6). This includes the maximum amount of compensation we will have to pay you, the types of claims that can be submitted and the conditions under which damages/compensation will be paid. The maximum we will have to pay you for any claim for which we are liable to you on any basis is the maximum that the carrier concerned should pay you in accordance with the international convention or EU regulation applicable to these travel arrangements.
Should a carrier not be required to make any payment to you in accordance with the applicable international convention or EU regulation (including where any claim is not notified and issued within the prescribed time limits), we will likewise not have responsibility for this requirement. When making any payment, we will deduct any money you have received or are entitled to receive from the carrier for that claim. Please note that there are strict time limits for reporting lost, damaged or delayed luggage to your airline or ferry/cruise ship. Any proceedings relating to any claim (including one for personal injury or death) must be initiated within 2 years from the date specified in the applicable convention or EU regulation. Note that this clause does not limit the effect of clause 14(1).
7. We do not accept liability for any damage, loss, expense or other amount of any nature or description that
a) based on the information you provided to us about your booking before we accepted it, we could not have predicted that you would suffer if we breached our contract with you or
b) did not result from any breach of contract or other error by us or our employees or where we are responsible for them, or our suppliers or
c) relates to any business (including without limitation, loss of self-employed earnings).
15. Passports, visas and health requirements
You will be informed about the passport and visa requirements that apply to the holidays we offer at the time of booking where required. All such information is provided in good faith but without liability for its accuracy. It is your responsibility to verify all this information with a reliable source. Requirements may change (sometimes last minute) and you should check the current condition in time before and near to the departure.
Details of any mandatory health requirements that apply to your vacation and which we are aware of will be disclosed at the time of booking. It is your responsibility to ensure that you receive current information on all recommended and mandatory vaccinations, health requirements and health precautions from a reliable source before and near departure (including those applicable to coronavirus treatment). Vaccination and other health requirements/recommendations are subject to change at any time for any destination. Therefore, contact a doctor or clinic at least 6 weeks before departure to make sure you are eligible and have the information you need. You should also make sure that you are aware of any changes to this information at any time before departure.
It is the responsibility of the person that makes the booking to ensure that all travellers have all the necessary travel and health documents before departure. All costs incurred in obtaining such documents must be paid by you. We’re sorry that we can not accept any liability if you are denied entry to any means of transport or to any country due to your inability to bring all required documents or otherwise comply with all applicable requirements (including those related to health/coronavirus).
If the non-possession of any necessary travel or other documents results in fines, surcharges, other financial penalties or expenses, you will be responsible for our compensation. If you are unable to travel due to failure to comply with any health or other requirements, cancellation charges will apply as stated in clause 7.
16. Advice by the ministry of foreign affairs
The Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs regularly publishes updated travel information on its website https://www.mfa.gr/en/visas/visas-for-foreigners-traveling-to-greece/ and https://mintour.gov.gr/en/information-for-tourists-visiting-greece-in-2021/
17. Exemption of reservation conditions
Booking conditions can only be released by a Director of solebike in writing. When you book with us, you agree to accept all of these booking terms, and when we accept your booking, we agree to fulfil our obligations to you as set forth in the holiday information provided to you. If you pay a deposit on behalf of other people, they are also bound by these terms at the time of payment.
We both agree that only the law of Greece will apply to your contract and to any dispute, claim or other matter of any description arising between us (“claim”) other than as set forth below. We also both agree that any claim (whether bodily harm or not) should be dealt with by the courts of Greece only.
18. Your privacy